1. Preheat your oven to 375*.
2. In a bowl mix 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not instant or quick but old-fashioned oats), 3/4 cup milk, 9 Tbsp canned pumpkin (plain, not pumpkin pie mix), 4 Tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp ground clove, 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (if you like nutmeg... I don't so I didn't use it), healthy pinch of salt. Taste and adjust seasoning and sweetness according to your liking.
3. Divide batter evenly between 6 small ramekins sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until set. Switch oven to broiler and broil 3-4 minutes to get a crust on top.
5. Enjoy! (if I weren't being so calorie conscience, I would absolutely pour just a little cream over the top!) And the girls loved it with some raisins
Accountability: I've decided to make my My Fitness Pal food diaries public. This is for real a big deal to me. I really put everything that I take in there even the bad (if you look at today's... well, you'll see...even though I am under calories today) and it's been good accountability for awhile, but I see myself slipping because I can easily think "eh, no one knows if I eat this cookie... I'm the only one who sees this..." Well. No more. So if you want to, check out my food journal for today. Constructive criticism is welcome. And if you see a recipe ever that you'd like to have, just ask!
Here's the link to the MFP diary for today: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/TrappedSoutherner