I've been making this recipe for years, and it is consistently one of the best meals EVER. It is always a husband pleaser, not to mention parents and friends! I got the recipe from Rachel Ray, so you know it's quick, too.
The pork chops are marinated in a mixture with molasses. You may be concerned about this, since it is made from sugar cane. 2 tsp of molasses as about 5 grams of sugars, and 8 grams of carbs. Molasses is used in the marinade and some of it will stay on the pork while you grill it. So if you're concerned about the sugars, you will want to find another recipe! The molasses makes it!!
The green bean side dish is super simple, and can go with most anything in a jiffy.
Citrus Rosemary Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1 navel orange, zested (you only need the zest)
- 4 pork chops
- Montreal steak seasoning
2. Pat chops dry with a paper towel and rub with Montreal steak seasoning
3. Turn chops in marinade to coat and let sit for 15 minutes. Occasionally rotate chops so each gets coated with marinade.
4. Sprinkle with a little more Montreal steak seasoning.
5. Grill on medium heat until done (about 7-8 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 inch thick chop)
Green beans with garlic and onions
- frozen green beans
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
2. Add garlic and onions. Saute about 3 minutes.
3. Add green beans. Stir to cover with oil.
4. Saute until heated through.
This menu is made perfection with the addition of a baked sweet potato. Spare your loved ones the calories, and only offer butter and cinnamon as toppers (no one needs the brown sugar or marshmallows!!). Sweet potatoes are simple to make in the microwave. Wash them really well, and then stick them on a plate. Zap them for 5 minutes, and then increase in 2 minute increments until they're softened to your liking.
Crescent rolls are always yummy, too.